Submission for BUSTER 2014 is now closed
If you have submitted your film, please remember to send us an online screener link to the film if you haven't done that yet.
If you don't have an online screener link, please send a DVD screener to:
BUSTER Copenhagen International Film Festival for Children and Youth
DK 2200 Copenhagen N
Att: Nikolai Schulz
NB: Only films for children and youth (ages 2-17) produced last year or this year (2013 and 2014) will be accepted.
For further information please contact head of programme; Nikolai Schulz at:
A special committee nominated by the festival management selects the films for the festival programme. Please note that we only accept films for children and youth (ages 2-17) produced last year or this year (2013 and 2014). The festival management may invite films for the competition or for other programmes. BUSTER's selection team decides which films will participate in the festival among those submitted. Decisions of the selection committee are final.
All successful submissions for the BUSTER 2014 programme that are selected will be informed on the 1st of August at the latest.
Submitting films to our festival is free of charge. However, in order to register or to send a film to any section of the festival implies the unconditional acceptance of all the clauses of the regulations of participation. In cases of dispute of interpretation of the regulations of participation, the management of the festival has the right to decide on all cases not covered by the regulations, as well as allowing exceptions. Remember to send either a DVD screener or a VOD link of the film as soon as it has been submitted.
As for formats of selected films, BUSTER prefers unencrypted DCPs, but will also accepts Blu-ray or HDCam if these are the only available formats. All short films must be uploaded in ProRes format. (BUSTERs print coordinator will give you further information about formats and uploads.)
For selected films we also need a DVD screener (if one has not already been sent to us), as many high-resolution stills from the film as possible, an uploaded trailer if available and an English time-coded dialogue list if the film is selected for our children's section (2-12 years).
The application for participation in the BUSTER 2014 implies acceptance of these regulations.
Films accepted for the festival must arrive in Copenhagen no later than the 28th of August 2014 to the address given by BUSTER's print coordination department. If the film is to be dubbed into Danish the print needs to be delivered no later than the 1st of August (preferaby sooner).
The entrant should inform BUSTER's film coordination department regarding the dispatch of the print to Copenhagen. BUSTER pays for all incoming print shipment to the festival. If the print is to be sent to another festival after BUSTER, the next festival is to pay for the shipment to them.
All prints will be returned to the address indicated by the entrant no later than two weeks of the last day of the festival. The entrant should inform BUSTER of the exact date and place the print should be sent to after the festival.
For the period in which the films are in the care of the festival, they are fully insured at the print value given in the entry form. This period lasts from the registration of arrival of the films to Copenhagen until their handing over to a forwarding agent.
Each year BUSTER selects a range of films from the festival programme to enter competitions in various categories. Our four juries will pick out winners in each of their categories as listed below:
- Best Film for Children (chosen by the international jury, 3.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the director of the winning film)
- Best Script for Children (chosen by the international jury, 3.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the script writer of the winning film)
- The Nordic Film Foundation Best Film for Children (chosen by the children's jury, 3.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the director of the winning film)
- Best Child Actor/Actress (chosen by the children's jury, 1.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the actor or actress)
- Best Film for Youth (chosen by the youth jury, 3.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the director of the winning film)
- Best Youth Actor/Actress (chosen by the youth jury, 1.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the actor or actress)
- Best Short Film (Chosen by the short and documentary jury, 1.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the director of the winning film)
- Best Documentary (Chosen by the short and documentary jury, 1.000 . The cash prize is awarded to the director of the winning film)
- Politiken's Audience Award (Chosen by the audiences, no cash prize, but the winning film will have a chance to be picked up for Danish distribution, since the award prize goes towards attracting a Danish distributor and help them promote the film)
All cash prizes will be disbursed no later than December 1st.